“Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.” Albert Einstein 1879 - 1955 ~|Quote of the Week|~

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Nature vs. Nurture

In my Anthropology class, I am presenting an oral presentation about Nature and Nurture of the Human Race. I would like to ask for your input. I might even quote it my presentation. :D What defines humanness? Are there characteristics naturally given when a child is born or does the child learn them? And ultimatly, do humans become who they are by nature or nurture?

Any input would be great. I still have plenty of questions, but I'll leave it at that. Thanks

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's weird that you ask this. I have often wondered about that myself.

I think that you are born as who you are. Environment could possibly alter your being as you are raised, but for the most part we are delt our soul, and we take it from there. That's what I think anyway.

For instance, if you are an open-minded/flexible/accepting person by nature, as you are growing up you will encounter situations that will change you. However, if you are a close-minded/stubborn/judegmental person by nature, when you encounter those same situations, you won't change.

This is really hard to explain, maybe you understand what I'm saying. If not, ask me in person to attempt to explain it.

Hope this helped in some way or another...

What do you think Dan?

10:41 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home